Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Kylie dear -

We are NOT going to let a mere terrorist catclysm stop us, rest assured. Thanks for your love and concern - we will continue to post here as everyone is heard from.

We have heard from Kitty Boots (whose film production office was a block from WTC so we were concerned) Johnny and I are okay but deeply shaken - the first plane flew within feet of our roof I am told.

Besides this topic and the other one here - to all our friends, I have deleted some topics that should have been posts to consolidate our reactions and make the forums easy to read.

I have also started a topic in Another NY - Waiting For The End of the World" for first-hand accounts of this unprecedented day.
If you live or work near the Buildings Formerly Known As WTC 1 or 2 stop by and share your thoughts..

One last thing -
I have heard there is an urgent need for blood but the phone numbers of the Red Cross are jammed and there are no downtown locations listed on their website. If anyone can find out what hospitals are taking donations downtown and post it here it would be much appreciated. (We don't want to just go to some hellish scene and make it worse..)

I'm going out for a drink...
I departed JFK at 7:00 AM for a Salt Lake City connection. (I had turned down a flight to San Francisco, (from Newark?), agent said SFO gets fogged in too much). Over Nebraska the captain put out the speed brakes and we began a rapid descent to Omaha. They said it was a problem with air traffic control.

On the ground I had a very concerned voice msg from my sister, who told me what happened.

I will be in Omaha until they tell us we can move again. I can't wait to get out of here so I can volunteer to help turn Afghanistan into a parking lot.

I hope we're all ok....
Pray for those poor souls who are the victims of this incomprehensible evil.

[This message was edited by Darla Diamond on 09-11-01 at 04:18 PM.]
Kitty made it home recently - they are letting people walk over the Williamsburg bridge it seems. Thanks for those who emailed to offer shelter for her. Rob, who also works way downtown, is fine. Johnny's ex DJ assistant Angel who works in WTC made it out from the 28th floor- he is totally shellshocked of course.

7 World Trade has just collapsed...
May all of our loved ones be alright.

The news here in Australia is scary. There is talk of America going to war. Of thousands dead. I wish I could send blood from Australia.

I have been up watching this since it began for me here at 11:30pm here/about. It's 7:30 am now. Desperate to reach loved ones in NYC.

If you will, pray with me?

Dear Goddess
Dear God
Dear any Deity who is listening;

Protect those injured and awating help, may they or as many as is possible be found safe;

Shine on those unhurt, we all need each other now;

Bless the internet, it's my lifeline to you all;

Cradle those who were lost in you divine light, may they be at rest;

Thank you dearest Deity for those who were spared;

Bless those who can give blood, may there be enough;

Bless my nurse and parameic friends and any of yours too who are helping those hurt, may they be safe to help others;

Bless the MotherBoards, so we can all reassure each other we are OK. May we lose no-one.

And please, please, dear Deity,
may this planet not go to war.

Amen, Awoman and Blessed Be.

Any word on Lee Chapel?

Kylie
xoxoxox
I made it home to my animals(Tommy is away-so they were alone)-thank god-the L train was running-they would not let us walk into manhatten on williamsburg bridge-they were using it for people leaving manhatten-finally the L train started to run.My production office for the film i am working on is at fulton and nassau-fortuently we were in brooklyn -today for the last three weeks we have been in that office everyday at that time- the three people left to man the office were evacuated-in that horrendous smoke-but are o.k.Of course the film people just called to give me a 7 am call in brooklyn tomorrow-i feel like not leaving my house for a while!!!
I spoke to some other friends of mine and they just want to leave town.
kitty
An officer I was talking to at the airport said that they were briefed of the possibility of a second round. Please be extra careful and vigilant!

The Prez is just down the street from me at the Air Force base. I guess that makes me pretty safe?

UPDATE: Heard report that van was stopped in NJ loaded with explosives, apparently headed for the GW or other bridge.

I reserved my room for another night just in case we remain grounded.

[This message was edited by Darla Diamond on 09-12-01 at 01:59 AM.]
Hi again Kylie

The first message on my machine today after my mother (who of course reprimanded me for sleeping through the day) was Lee Chapel asking if me and his friend, my Isreali roommate,Tom, were OK. I immediately thought somebody was rounding up all the gay and tranny Jews, until I got awake and rationale enough to turn on the TV.

So far no one I know of personally or love, has been harmed!

Rose
From Baby Dee:
quote:
Hello friends
Does anybody out there know *******? I'm concerned because last I knew she was working at the World Trade Center. She was my roomate for years but I lost contact with her a few years back. She's a tranny but not a nightclub tranny -- more of a regular girl type. I'm hoping that somebody might know her from tranny meetings or that sort of thing.

I just want to find out if she's OK.

Another New York indeed!

Baby Dee asked me to delete the name of her friend because of her concern for her privacy. (She left her World Trade job by the way and is fine).

[This message was edited by daddy on 10-04-01 at 01:12 PM.]
Last edited {1}
Katy from P-cult is fine
Melanie from Justine's is also ok
Tim Mullen is ok

has anyone heard from:

Russ Burns? <= OK
John Steelo <=OK
Big Bruce <=OK
Chris Flam <=OK
Baroness & Mark <= OK
Randella
Todd <=OK
Syren <=OK
Ashley
Anna
ken feet <= OK
David B.
Luna <= OK
Goddess Diana
Karen Kelly
Garo <=OK
Tommy and Michael
Rachelene
Scott
Kat

[This message was edited by Ted & Di on 09-13-01 at 01:51 PM.]
I have had mail from Velocity Chyalld, she is fine, or as well as can be like us all. I have asked her about Goddess Diana, they are in a band together, will let you all know as soon as I do. I have met Goddess Diana a few times and she is one of the most beautiful souls and a really amazing woman. (!!!) I pray for her to, may she be well and able to reach us soon.
Kylie
xoxox
Did these people that you are concerned about work in the World Trade Center or do they just live in New York? Please, we don't need tragedy queens! Look, alot of people are missing but not everyone who lives in New York was up at 8:45 AM and at work in the World Trade Center. I know if you are watching all this on TV from far away it must be hard but don't over react. There are millions and millions of people in New York. Most are fine. If you know someone that worked there and you are concerned (like Baby Dee), that is a different story but please don't start posting about every single person that you ever knew in New York.
Keep in mind, if the person you are seeking lives below 14th Street, and doesn't have valid ID with that address on it, they haven't been able to get back to their homes and computers. They may be staying with friends or at a shelter.
Some residences to the East of what was the WTC were evacuated, and the residents have not been permitted to return.
In addition, a great many homes downtown are without power and/or phone service which means no computers or dial-up modems...
All of these may be reasons why you haven't heard from your friends.
And if they happened to be off the island of Manhattan yesterday, well they're probably still there...
If you have word on anyone from this list or Ted And Di's list above please post. I am so frantic so far away here in Australia, there really is nothing I can do but watch the news.
Please let us all know if you hear of anyone, we all need each other now.
Love and Healing,
Kylie
xoxo

People who are alive:
*David Martin/neptune glory-> paramedic on the scene
*Gecko
*Ricky Horne and ALL Staff at Avalon Salon

People who are missing at time of writing:

Flamm, Xris <= OK
B, Allon
B, Heather [not related]
Blackburne, Katherine
Brooke, Blair
D'Drennan
De Gallante, Pierre
Ehmann, Abby <=Reported to be OK
Ericah Hagle from Unto Ashes
Filipovich, Sandra [bellydance teacher to us in the scene]
Glory [ny]
Jason and Althea
John : xdionysus49x@aol.com [from Enchantments]
Laurenzi, Mario
McGraw, Michael
Melody from Unto Ashes
Reilly, Chris
Stevenson, Paige
Sundwall, Jesper

[This message was edited by Ted & Di on 09-12-01 at 11:47 PM.]
Ted & Di ... I know Garo Sparo is okay. he called me Tuesday to check on me. I called Karen Macadoo last night and left word.

Kylie: Michael McGraw is fine, he went out of town yesterday to stay with his parents at the Jersey Shore until Sunday (via rented car)

I'm only worried about Randella, I know she lives on Broadway & White Street (below Canal) I'm sure she's fine, I just want to know if she needs anything since I assume she can't go home.
I finally got to go home last night- through 2 checkpoints, and to my apartment, which has power and water, but no phone service (thus no internet, either). Two blocks below me on Broadway has been evacuated and has no power, water, gas, or phones. And the stench... but I am grateful for so many things, and I am sure many feel the same way.

Since I am essential personnel, we were on the ready for the 1000s of wounded that never arrived. Our Urgent Care Center was set up like a MASH unit, and well, no one ever needed our services. Though as a cancer nurse, I don't know how good I would be in triage and trauma, but it was even sadder that our services were not needed.

I have heard too many sad stories today about those who are missing, those who know missing, and frightening stories from those who survived this tragedy.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.